‘In these days,’ pursued Vera—speaking of ‘these days’ as people of limited intelligence are fond of doing, imagining that they have discovered and appraised the peculiarities of ‘these days’ and that human nature changes with the times.
War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy (1869).
- thisbrilliantsky likes this
- witpending reblogged this from midshipmankennedy
- mothergaladriel reblogged this from duchessofwellington
- midshipmankennedy reblogged this from duchessofwellington
- duchessofwellington reblogged this from somebody-else
- boyatmospheric likes this
- buddyverlander likes this
- buddyverlander reblogged this from somebody-else
- cavesoflilith likes this
- somebody-else posted this