‘In these days,’ pursued Vera—speaking of ‘these days’ as people of limited intelligence are fond of doing, imagining that they have discovered and appraised the peculiarities of ‘these days’ and that human nature changes with the times.
War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy (1869).
- thisbrilliantsky likes this
- mothergaladriel reblogged this from duchessofwellington
- midshipmankennedy reblogged this from duchessofwellington
- duchessofwellington reblogged this from somebody-else
- boyatmospheric likes this
- hai-its-senpai likes this
- hai-its-senpai reblogged this from somebody-else
- modernbabylon likes this
- somebody-else posted this